Colossians 3:17

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all
in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the
Father through Him.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

What's the Difference?

Last weekend, me and my Mom arrived in Kansas City Missouri and Kansas Thursday afternoon for Junior Bible Quiz Districts for the next two days.  I have always wanted to go to the big city and see the business on the streets, and see what it's like to be at the top of a big sky scraper (that wish was not granted).  But the church I was quizzing at was in downtown KC, where the restaurants have bullet proof glass, and a wall at the pick-up window at a fast-food place that goes over the top of the vehicle to the ground at the other side of the vehicle, giving the driver and other passengers safety from unwanted visitors.  My Mother has lived in Minneapolis, and all the people who would make a girls sixth sense says 'stay away from that person' is actually just a regular citizen of the big city says my Mother.  Here are some pictures I took of some buildings.


 This is the Sheraton Inn, which is 20 stories high!  
 Below is a video of the Sheraton Inn.

 Here's the National Bank of Kansas City.

Here's a building that's for lease, my Dad said it would make a good dog kennel!





My Junior Bible Quiz (JBQ) coach said that it was good we didn't come in Thursday night, because if we had stopped at a stop light, some street people might have come and taken the tires off our vehicle.  Usually here where we live, I barely see two people walking the street every week, but after KC, I saw more than enough people walking the street then I would care for, probably enough to last me for a month!  And my Mother said this is only a fraction of what it's like in New York City, Minneapolis (which is where JBQ Nationals will be) and other big city places.  But you have to remember what the Bible says, 'For man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the Heart.'  Don't rush to judgment when you see a gang that you don't want to even look at, but when you do, say a silent prayer that God would help guide them onto the righteous path.

Matthew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.  (NIV)


So what's the difference between the city and the country?  The city is very busy and very noisy and distracting, the only refuge you have is your home.  The country, you can go for a walk on the road, or the woods, a field, and you can concentrate on talking with God.  "God is heard in the silence."  Is what my Mother always says.
(But I don't think you can concentrate when your 10 week old German Shepherd puppy is chewing on the computer chord!)
GOD BLESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment