Colossians 3:17

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all
in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the
Father through Him.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Incubating Chicken Eggs

On Christmas of 2010, my parents and Grandparents got me an egg-turner and incubator.  We had plenty of roosters with our hens, so I tried to hatch some eggs.

I put the none digital incubator to 99.5 degrees, that's what the owners manual said for chicken eggs.  I put the eggs in the egg turner for 18 days, then, took the egg turner out, and set the eggs in there for 3 more days, for a total of 21 days.  Also, I had to keep some water in the bottom of the incubator so the eggs didn't dehydrate.   Well, the chicks didn't hatch till about 24 days.  Out of 12 eggs, I had 1 chick with a crooked leg hatch, and he/she died at about 2 1/2 months old.  So I tried another batch, this time 24 eggs, and after 24 days again,  I had one hatch, then die, and one almost make it out of the egg, then die.  Then on the  Internet, I found the temperature should be 101.5 degrees, and I have to keep track of the humidity level.  It's been almost a whole year since I've tried at hatching, and if anyone has any tips I would be so  very grateful!


GOD BLESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment